If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many use fennel to give their food a bit of Mediterranean flavor. But its benefits go beyond just spicing the dish, as it can amp your health in many ways possible. The Iron and histidine in it are known to treat anemia while the high fiber content can lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood, decreasing risks of heart attacks.
In this Paleo Fennel Apple Slaw, enjoy the deliciousness of fennel and also reap the countless health benefits. —Chef's Collective
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1 whole fennel bulb, cut into ¼-inch strips (reserve the fronds)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons celery seed, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, bring together apples, fennel (plus 1 tablespoon chopped fronds), onion, pecans, celery seed, tarragon, and salt.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, honey, and mustard and whisk until well-blended
- and a little bit thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the apple-fennel mixture and thoroughly toss until dressing incorporates well with the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill for 2 hours.
- Serve Chilled