If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We keep a bag of frozen corn for just this purpose. This soup is so fast but also delicious. A great use of truffle oil if you have it. If you don't have it, i would get it :). Reheats well for lunch next day. Can add some poached chicken, grilled shrimp or tofu to increase protein content. I've done many variations and it is always good (except when i added red peppers, it made the texture a bit weird). —reahpeah
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 2 fresh corn cob (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (i like brown mustard seeds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- handful kale, chopped
- 4 cups chicken/vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons truffle oil
- Thaw frozen corn in microwave (this step is not totally necessary but speeds up cooking for a week day night) Note: If you have fresh corn, you can thrown on BBQ, cut off nibbles and fry in a little butter. Cook as you prefer and set aside- you will add to soup at very end
- Add butter to large stock pot. Add turmeric, onions, mustards seeds, curry powder on medium high heat. Cook for a few minutes. Add rest of spices, corn, kale, sweet potato and stock. Cook for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are soft. Taste and salt to taste. Sometimes i add a few hot chilli for spice.
- Take pot off heat and puree with an emersion blender. Add extra water if it is too thick. Set back on heat but turn down to medium low. Let simmer for a few minutes. Add in fresh corn if you had it on hand. Add truffle oil before serving. Chopped chives are a nice garnish. I've added coconut milk for a creamy, richer texture.