If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother used to make twice-baked potatoes and they were the best thing she did. These are an amped up version of hers (Thanks Mom!). I prefer sharp or extra sharp cheese, but you can use whatever you like. —La452
- 2 Russet potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 strips bacon; cooked crisp; chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter; melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese; grated
- 2 green onions; sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Coat potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on long metal skewer.
- Bake potatoes for about an hour or until soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven, unwrap and let cool briefly. Cut potatoes in half the long way and scoop out insides into a mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, sour cream, and half the bacon, and mash. Fold in green onions and 1 cup cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refill potato skins with mixture; top with cheese and the remaining bacon, bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes - they'll be extremely hot.
- Place next to grilled ribeye and enjoy!