Author Notes: My mother used to make twice-baked potatoes and they were the best thing she did. These are an amped up version of hers (Thanks Mom!). I prefer sharp or extra sharp cheese, but you can use whatever you like. —La452
salt and pepper
strips bacon; cooked crisp; chopped
tablespoon butter; melted
cup sour cream
cups cheddar cheese; grated
green onions; sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Coat potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on long metal skewer.
- Bake potatoes for about an hour or until soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven, unwrap and let cool briefly. Cut potatoes in half the long way and scoop out insides into a mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, sour cream, and half the bacon, and mash. Fold in green onions and 1 cup cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refill potato skins with mixture; top with cheese and the remaining bacon, bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes - they'll be extremely hot.
- Place next to grilled ribeye and enjoy!