If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As noted this is just a formula for a great breakfast - made from whatever bits of leftover grains, quinoa, rice, etc. you have in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy! ;o) P.S. That darling custom-embroidered tea towel was a gift from the supremely-talented (in so many ways) vvvanessa. —AntoniaJames
Makes one serving - adjust the formula accordingly for more than one
- Leftover cooked grain, quinoa, rice, etc. (1/4 cup per serving)
- A different kind of leftover cooked grain, quinoa, rice, etc. (1/4 cup per serving)
- Ground flaxseed (a couple heaping dessert spoons, or tablespoons, per serving)
- Nut or seed butter - almond, sunflower seed, cashew, whatever -- about a tablespoon per serving
- Nut milk, or regular dairy milk, or whatever kind of milk you like
- Vanilla extract -- a couple of drops (no more!) per serving
- Fresh apple, or banana, or whatever raw fruit you like (about 1/2 cup per serving) - you could also use chunky applesauce if that strikes your fancy
- Dried fruit, such as tart cherries, apricots (chopped) (a heaping tablespoon or so, per serving)
- Mix the nut butter into the grains and flaxseed until fairly well distributed. Add the milk and vanilla; give a little stir. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes on 80%, stirring halfway through.
- Top with the raw fruit and dried fruit.
- Enjoy! ;o)