If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bread pudding is my husband's favorite dessert. He loves bananas too so I created a pudding just for him. Bananas and then more banana. He is careful about his sugar intake so I added NO sugar to this recipe! The bananas are so sweet and the cinnamon and one whole tablespoon of vanilla so fragrant that there is no need for any sugar. The addition of sliced almonds gives the pudding a little final crunch. Delicious for breakfast too!!!
- 7 cups dry brioche cubes (1 1/1 inch)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 bananas
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter for baking dish
- Blend the milk, heavy cream, eggs, 2 bananas, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. (use a blender) Add a pinch of salt.
- Put the cubed brioche bread, almonds, raisins and a sliced banana in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk, egg , banana mixture into the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Pour into a buttered soufle or other baking dish and place in a larger baking dish for a water bath.
- Pour hot water to half way up the side of the pudding dish and place in a 325 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)