Author Notes: My SO's sister made this one Christmas as we waited for the Turkey to be ready. It was addictive! I asked her what was in it, got a rough recipe and spent some time playing with it. The order in which you add the ingredients determines whether you have a pepto-bismol coloured appetizer, or nice crisp layers of red, white and green. I've never had to worry about leftovers. —ketherian
cups iceburg lettuce, shredded
tomato, cut into wedges
cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
cups cream cheese
cups sour cream
tortilla or pita chips, for dipping
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Put the iceberg lettuce into the bottom of the serving dish.
- Cover the top of the iceberg lettuce with the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Top that with the salsa and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Garnish the sides with the tomatoes.
- Chill until serving. Serve with chips.