If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy from Salsa Verde and green chiles, but not over-the-top hot, this soup will warm you up on a cold fall night. The mashed beans make it thick and satisfying and you get a nice little pop of sweetness from the corn and bell peppers. —Vicki Amsinger
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced ham, plus a little bit extra for garnish
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (any colors) plus a little extra for garnish
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Salsa Verde
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, plus a little bit extra for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Mash half of the beans with a fork or in a food processor. Add to the rest of the beans and set aside until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent. Add the garlic, ham and bell peppers and cook until everything becomes fragrant, but not brown.
- Add in the Salsa Verde, green chiles, broth, beans and frozen corn. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes, stirring and tasting along the way and adding salt to your liking.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with your extra bits of ham, corn and peppers as well as your favorite toppings: maybe cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado and/or parsley. Serve with crackers, corn bread or tortilla chips.