If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet and savory pizza combination. Perfect appetizer or entree. Impress your friends by making this winning flavor combo. —Victoria Aracri Deroche
Serves 1 or 2
- 8 ounces Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Fig Preserve
- 2 pieces Thin Sliced Prosciutto
- 1 handful Gorgonzola Cheese or blue cheese of your choice.
- Stretch out your pizza dough and place on a pre heated pizza stone or parchment paper. It should stretch out to about a 10 to 12 inch pizza. Round optional.
- Drizzle olive oil over your stretched dough to ease in spreading your fig preserves. Do this with the back of a spoon
- It's easier to spread preserves that are room temperature, do an even thin coating on the base of your pizza, the preserves are acting as your "sauce". Your delicious, figgy, sauce.
- Take two pieces of thinly shaved prosciutto and evenly distribute over your pizza.
- Add your crumbled gorgonzola over top of your masterpiece.
- That's it! Pop it into a 500 degree oven for about 10/15 minutes or so. Check to see when your crust looks cooked. Your preserves will be bubbly and hot.