If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are vegan doughnuts, but carnivores, don't be afraid! They're packed with banana goodness, and baked to perfection. Plus, there is espresso in both the doughnuts AND the chocolate glaze that goes on top... perfect for sleepy mornings. —jessicamclement
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso (or coffee)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Chocolate Espresso Glaze
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoons cooled espresso (or coffee)
- For the doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F).
- Grease a doughnut pan (margarine, coconut oil, butter, etc.).
- In a large bowl beat together the sugars, vegetable oil, bananas, coffee, and vinegar. (= wet ingredients.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. (= dry ingredients.)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon the banana doughnut batter into the prepared doughnut moulds.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool while you make the glaze.
- For the glaze: Stir the ingredients together until smooth. If the glaze seems too thin, add some more confectioner's sugar. If the glaze seems too thick, add a touch more coffee.