If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This baked oatmeal is an excellent make ahead breakfast; you can bake it on Sunday and grab it for a quick breakfast throughout the week. It's great on it's own, hot or cold, or with milk or yogurt. —Stephanieji
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, melt honey and coconut together over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in milk, yogurt, vanilla and eggs.
- Combine oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix with the liquid ingredients.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into a rectangular baking dish. Layer half of sliced apples onto the mixture and top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Top with the remaining apple slices. Combine two tablespoons of brown sugar with remaining cinnamon and sprinkle over oatmeal. Top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 350f for 35 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and golden brown on top. Slice oatmeal into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good