Author Notes: This is a great tasting meatball meal that is cooked in the tomato sauce with seasonings and then smothered in mozzarella cheese. —Jay Carmen Earl Johnson Sr.
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 55 min
pounds lean hamburger meat
tablespoon Smoked Paprika
tablespoon Granulated Garlic
ounces Can of tomato paste.
3.8-ounce can of black olives.
Large uncooked eggs.
packet 8 oz mozzarella cheese
tablespoon Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all the smoked paprika, garlic, oregano, and salt into a bowl, and then add the uncooked eggs to the dry mix and stir it all together.
- Add the hamburger to the mixture and make sure that all the mixture is mixed into the meat.
- Make golf ball sized balls out of the hamburger.
- Pour the tomato sauce into your cast iron skillet, or whatever you use to bake food with as long as it is deep enough to hold the meatballs with the sauce.
- Add the meatballs into the sauce and make sure the meatballs are at least half way covered. Add more sauce if you need to.
- Sprinkle in the black olives to your hearts content.
- Put in oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out the oven and top with mozzarella cheese…you can as much or less as you want.
- Put back in oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Take out of the oven and serve while hot.
- If you want to make meatball sandwiches then this is a great dish to use.
- Note: Meatballs are a great dish to have by themselves and use the leftovers to make meatballs sandwiches with or even a pot of soup/stew.