If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Before I was married a girlfriend and I went to Bikini Bootcamp in Tulum at a place called Amansala. The emphasis was on exercise, not food. But the food was healthy and delicious (either that or we were just starving!) Every morning before yoga they served coffee/tea pineapple, yogurt, and this amazing granola. I remember asking the hotelier what the story was with that granola. She said that a local lady made it for them and that it had amaranth in it. That’s all I got…I’ve been trying to recreate it for years. My version gets pretty close and has some unexpected partners for the amaranth. —aimee heimbinder | heartandheron.com
Makes 4-5 cups
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut flake (large unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
Pineapple Yogurt Parfait (for one)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup greek yogurt (such as 0% Fage)
- 1 splash honey
- 3 tablespoons granola
- Preheat over to 300.
- Put all of the granola ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until all of the ingredients seem to be coated with the oil.
- Add mixture in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Assemble parfait in this order: pineapple, yogurt, amaranth granola and a drizzle of honey.