If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 1/3 cups farro/spelt/kamut grains
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 1/3 cup oat groats
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 pear, cut into cubes (optional)
- 1 cup almonds, chopped (optional)
- Coconut butter or regular butter to fry the pancakes
- butter and maple syrup to serve
- Combine the grains and buttermilk in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes.
- Let the batter soak overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, combine eggs, sweetener and melted butter in a small bowl. Gently mix into the flour mixture.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix well and add to the flour mixture.
- Fold in almonds and pear cubes, if using.
- Heat a small pan or griddle on high and coat with butter. Add 1/3 cup of pancake batter into middle of pan. This batter will not be as runny as the usual pancake batter – use a spoon to spread the batter.
- Cook until small bubbles appear through the batter, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about another 2-3 minutes. Serve topped with butter and maple syrup.