If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted sweet potatoes are tossed with toasted sesame seeds, feta, and parsley. Then all drizzled with honey. Its a healthy way to make roasted veggies over the holidays that still have a lot of flavor! —Poppies and Papayas
Makes 3 cups
medium sweet potatoes
tablespoon coconut oil
tablespoons sesame seeds (hulled)
cup crumbled feta (I used feta in stored in brine)
Pinch of chili flakes
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Meanwhile, chop the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces, leaving the peel on, and place into a medium bowl. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave until liquid, about 30 seconds, and pour over the sweet potatoes. Toss well, until evenly covered.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and evenly pour out the sweet potatoes onto the sheet, making sure that none are overlapping. Bake for 10-12 minutes and check for tenderness. Stir. If tender, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, and return to the oven to bake 2-3 more minutes, until sesame seeds are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and generously drizzle the sweet potatoes with raw honey, crumbled feta, fresh parsley, chili flakes, and sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Mix well and serve warm or cold.
- Note: These make a great side dish, or can even be tossed into a mixed green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0