If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This naturally sweetened, gluten-free Walnut Banana Bread is the perfect start to a productive, delicious day. Packed with good for you ingredients, such as oats, almonds, and walnuts, the Banana Bread is satisfying, comforting, and perfectly delicious. —Tasty Plan
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup rolled oats flour, GF if needed
- 3 large extra ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus 1 tsp. for greasing loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9" loaf pan with coconut oil 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Set aside.
- To make oat flour, place 1 cup of rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse flour. Set aside.
- Place bananas, eggs, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil to a blender. Pulse until smooth and well incorporated.
- Mix almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet, and pulse until well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Fold in half the walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan, then add remaining walnuts over the top.
- Bake loaf for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely before transferring out.
- Serve warm with creamed honey and flaky sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good