If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am always on the hunt for the perfect banana bread and I think I've found it! This is the best crust for banana bread I have ever made! It's the baby of Cook's Illustrated, Huffington Post and Giada DiLaurentes. Crunchy with just a touch of sweetness. This bread never disappoints me; hints of olive oil ring through while the brown sugar give it a great texture and taste! —linda stojak
Makes 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (Sour Cream is fine too)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 or 1 1/4 cups RIPE bananas (mashed)
- Feel free to add any nuts or chocolate chips!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk the: Dark Brown Sugar,Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream, Olive Oil, Vanilla and Eggs until combined. Add the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and stir gently until just incorporated. Watch out and don't over mix
- Stir in Banananas and whatever nut/addition you are using
- Pour in a prepared pan and sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top (this is what makes the crust!)
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean but still wet (if it's not done by then lower the oven to 325 and keep checking on it). Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack or directly to your mouth!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good