If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this bread is light and moist with under tones of rich caramel-y banana. the older a banana is, the richer it is. i use the darkest of banana's when making this - bananas that might scare most people.
it yields a delicious tender crumb without being the least bit oily. whenever i make it it disappears in a matter of seconds. actually, my dad and brother get mad at me whenever i make it and bring it over. they blame me for feeling fat after polishing off almost the entire loaf. it's pretty stinking delicious. special note: one loaf is not one serving. ;) —Robyn Holland | Sweetish.co
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (i prefer kosher)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, very ripe and mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare loaf pan with butter and flour.
- sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and set aside.
- whip butter and brown sugar together in electric mixer until fluffy. slowly add in the eggs, vanilla, whole bananas and sour cream.
- now add your dry ingredients, in small batches so you don't cover your face and kitchen in flour. mix until dry ingredients are incorporated. do not over mix.
- pour batter into prepared loaf pan. sprinkle turbano sugar on top of the loaf and bake 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool bread at least 15 minutes before slicing. although the smell of it will tempt you otherwise.
- serve sliced bread with walnut cream cheese, a drizzle of fresh maple syrup and bask in the yums.
- * walnut cream cheese is just plain cream cheese with your choice of roasted walnuts mashed in. go crazy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good