Author Notes: Inspired by Gochi Japanese Fusion Tapas —Oishii Moments
sac of mentaiko (spicy cod or pollack roe)
tablespoons kewpie (Japanese mayonnaise)
green onion pancake
slices of cheese
- Cut the tip of the mentaiko sac. Squeeze out the roe and discard the membrane.
- MENTAIKO MIX: Mix the mentaiko and kewpie together.
- In a non-stick pan, coat with oil and add green onion pancake. Pan sear both sides of the pancake until golden brown and crispy.
- Top the green onion pancake with the mentaiko mix.
- Cut the cheese up and scatter on top of the pancake. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes in a toaster oven or until cheese is melted.