Inspired by Gochi Japanese Fusion Tapas
Inspired by Gochi Japanese Fusion Tapas—Oishii Moments
sac of mentaiko (spicy cod or pollack roe)
tablespoons kewpie (Japanese mayonnaise)
green onion pancake
slices of cheese
In This Recipe
- Cut the tip of the mentaiko sac. Squeeze out the roe and discard the membrane.
- MENTAIKO MIX: Mix the mentaiko and kewpie together.
- In a non-stick pan, coat with oil and add green onion pancake. Pan sear both sides of the pancake until golden brown and crispy.
- Top the green onion pancake with the mentaiko mix.
- Cut the cheese up and scatter on top of the pancake. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes in a toaster oven or until cheese is melted.