If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1.5 Kilograms gravy beef – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (another)
- 2 large onions – chopped roughly
- 6 garlic cloves – skinned, bruised and left whole
- 1/4 cup smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 medium carrots – peel and cut in half
- 2 medium parsnip – peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- Brown the steak chunks with the first lot of olive oil, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the hot pan and add onions; fry on low until onions have softened, do not brown.
- Serve either with rice, noodles or cauliflower mash. Traditionally served with sour cream (I like yogurt).