If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earth Balance, a commercial vegan butter substitute, is wonderful in vegan mashed potatoes. But if you'd rather use ingredients that you have in your pantry, then try this simple vegan sweet potato mash, prepared with full fat coconut milk to create tons of creaminess. —Gena Hamshaw
Serves 6 to 8
- 5 to 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped roughly (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup cup coconut milk, full fat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional; add if you like your mashed sweet potatoes to be sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the sweet potatoes and boil for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them back to the pot, or another large, flat-bottomed container. Add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, salt (about 1/2 teaspoon) and pepper. Mash the potatoes until they're tender, adding more coconut milk as needed until they've reached a desired consistency. Stir in the maple syrup and ginger, if using. Potatoes will keep, refrigerated, for up to four days.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!