If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Citrus, herbs, and two kinds of chilis brighten up fresh shrimp and calamari in this light and lively dish. Serve over black rice for a perfect pairing that is just as easy on the eyes as it is on the palate! —Bonnie Meyer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 green poblano chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tangerine, zest and juice only
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 12 ounces prepared squid, sliced into rings (defrosted if frozen)
- 20 large raw, peeled shrimp (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cooked black rice
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped chilis and tangerine zest and give it a stir.
- Add the garlic, parsley, cilantro, and marjoram and give a quick stir. Add the squid and shrimp and stir-fry in the pan for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp becomes opaque and the seafood is cooked through.
- Add the sea salt and the juice of the whole tangerine and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and serve over the cooked black rice. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.