If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet, luxurious and creamy mash is the stuff carb-free dreams are made of. —Thai Me Up Kitchen
large/1.5kg butternnut squash
tablespoons vegetable oil
cloves garlic, skin on
tins butter beans
teaspoon winter savour or thyme
splash milk, optional
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel, deseed and roughly cut the butternut squash into 2-3cm cubes.
- In a large baking tray, arrange the squash into a single layer (I had to use two trays). Add the garlic cloves, season with salt and pepper then coat evenly with the vegetable oil.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until golden. Remember to turn the squash halfway through the cooking process
- While the squash is roasting, melt a knob of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the beans, winter savoury and heat through gently for about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In food processor, whizz the squash, garlic, and beans together. Add a splash of milk to loosen the mixture to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or prep the night before and it will heat up brilliantly in the microwave for the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans