Author Notes: This sweet, luxurious and creamy mash is the stuff carb-free dreams are made of. —Thai Me Up Kitchen
large/1.5kg butternnut squash
tablespoons vegetable oil
cloves garlic, skin on
tins butter beans
teaspoon winter savour or thyme
splash milk, optional
salt and pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel, deseed and roughly cut the butternut squash into 2-3cm cubes.
- In a large baking tray, arrange the squash into a single layer (I had to use two trays). Add the garlic cloves, season with salt and pepper then coat evenly with the vegetable oil.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until golden. Remember to turn the squash halfway through the cooking process
- While the squash is roasting, melt a knob of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the beans, winter savoury and heat through gently for about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In food processor, whizz the squash, garlic, and beans together. Add a splash of milk to loosen the mixture to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or prep the night before and it will heat up brilliantly in the microwave for the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans