If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leftover lemons you can't quite get rid of? Try the EASIEST lemon curd ever. Made in less than 20 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Granted I have my beautiful mother than thank for always knowing how to use ALL ingredients from the peel all the way down to the core, never wasting 1 bit. Organic lemons and eggs make such a huge different in this recipe, but if you do not have them no worries you can still make these with non-organic items as well :) This is amazing on a slice of fresh toast, rolls, yogurt, for cakes or cookies, cheesecake swirls, or one of my favorite as a macaron filling with those extra macaron shells ;) Plus it ends up perfectly when you use up those egg whites in the macaron recipes. This is also one of my favorite holiday gifts to make for friends and family. Easy to double up the recipe for larger portions and split among smaller glass jars. —Stacy
Makes ~1 cup-1.5 cups
cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 large lemons)
Zest of 2 lemons
tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- In a small sauce pan whisk the egg yolks and egg together until combined. Then whisk in sugar, lemon juice, and zest until well incorporated
- Place over medium low to medium heat, whisking continuously until curd thickens and coats the back of a spoon. About 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add cubed butter in batches until it all melts and is incorporated in the curd.
- Pour into a mesh sieve over a small bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Let it cool on the counter before placing in the fridge. Or once cooled, divide among glass jars/airtight container and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour before consuming.
- STORING: You can store in a sterilized jar for 3-4 weeks in the fridge. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months (defrost in fridge at least 24 hrs before consumption)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2