Author Notes: These simple cookies are a variation on ladyfingers particularly perfect for tiramisu. —Celeste Noche
cups cake flour
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into separate bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In the other bowl, mix the yolks with the sugar and vanilla until the sugar granules dissolve.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Sift in the flour and cornstarch and mix.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites while trying to keep the mixture as fluffy as possible.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag and pipe 3-4 inch strips onto parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes at 400°F. Sprinkle with sugar and dip into your tea. Or save them to make tiramisu.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites