If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These simple cookies are a variation on ladyfingers particularly perfect for tiramisu. —Celeste Noche
cups cake flour
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into separate bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In the other bowl, mix the yolks with the sugar and vanilla until the sugar granules dissolve.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Sift in the flour and cornstarch and mix.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites while trying to keep the mixture as fluffy as possible.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag and pipe 3-4 inch strips onto parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes at 400°F. Sprinkle with sugar and dip into your tea. Or save them to make tiramisu.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Egg Whites