If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this recipe is the Indain cooking of a friend, Dale Henry. He taught a similar recipe at my culinary studio several years ago. I lost his recipe, so I made up one of my own. I like to serve it in lieu of a salad. —AndyFood
Serves: 8 - 10
small watermelon, seedless preferred
cup cider vinegar
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon curry powder
tablespoons olive oil
small onion, julienne sliced
- Remove rind and dice the half-watermelon. .
- Place 2 cups cubed watermeilon into a food mill. Process and discard seeds and pulp. Place the rest of the cubed melon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place all juices extracted by the food mill into a small saucepot and heat over high. Boil until 1/3 cup remains.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper, curry powder and olive oil to the pot and stir to incorporate. Add onion and stir 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a cool bowl and allow to cool for 30 minutes. (Note - this can be made 12 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to use)
- Toss the reserved watermelon with the cooled reduction. Serve immediately or refirgerate.