If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from Jeffrey Morgenthaler's excellent The Bar Book; he switches up the sugar cube we know and love in our old-fashioneds for maple simple syrup. —Food52
- 1 1/2 ounces Crown Royal Canadian whisky
- 1 barspoon 2:1 maple simple syrup (see note below)
- 1 to 2 dashes Fee Brothers bitters, or other aromatic bitters
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Note: Make the maple simple syrup by combining 2 parts maple syrup to 1 part water and gently heating it on the stove until combined and the syrup is a uniform texture. Let cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients save for the lemon peel in a mixing glass. Add ice, and stir for 10 seconds. Strain over fresh ice into a rocks or old-fashioned glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail, rub the rim of the glass with it so that the outside of the peel makes contact with the glass, and drop it in the drink.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Cocktails