If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
tablespoons butter, divided
large red onion, sliced thin
cup shredded brussel sprouts
pinch of cayenne pepper
ounces feta, crumbled
chicken breasts (about 2-2.5 pounds)
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add red onions and cook until soft. Stir in brussel sprouts and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, leaving 1 long side attached by about ½ an inch. Open the chicken breasts like you would a book.
- Place plastic wrap on top of the chicken and pound breasts until they are about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Remove plastic and season both sides with Kosher salt and pepper.
- With the cut side facing up, scoop ⅓ or ¼ of the vegetable mixture (depending on how many total chicken breasts you are using) into the center of each piece of chicken, leaving about a ½ inch border from the ends. Sprinkle with about 2 ounces of feta.
- Roll chicken lengthwise (against the line of the cut you made) and tie off with kitchen twine.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Add stuffed chicken and cook on for 5-8 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice into 1-2 inch thick pieces.