If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 large beets (about 2 lbs), cut in half
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, crushed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add beets and cook until soft, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then remove peel (it should come off pretty easily) and cut into thin rounds.
- In a large saucepan, combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add beets, making sure they’re fully covered. Let sit for 30 minutes, turning beets halfway through if they’re not fully submerged in the vinegar.
- Once beets are pickled, arrange on a platter or in a bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese and hazelnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad