If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sopa de Fideo (fideo soup) is a Mexican noodle soup, made with vermicelli pasta and cooked in a tomato broth. Fideos refers to the very thin and short noodles commonly used in Mexican cuisine for both soups and pasta salads. Whenever winter comes, this soup has a recurring appearance at my dinner table because it is comforting, tasty and comes together in a few simple steps. —Cocina Chronicles
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 7 ounces package of Fideo Pasta (Vermicelli Pasta)
- 16 ounces Can Tomato Sauce
- 6 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add fideos and cook stirring often. Allow noodles to toast until they turn a light golden color and some may turn brown.
- Remove from heat and add tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Add chicken stock and salt and return to a medium heat. Cook until pasta is al dente, for approximately 7-10 minutes. Cover, remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve. Serve warm in bowls.