Author Notes: A simple 5-ingredient caramel sauce made boozy with a splash of whiskey. This caramel is perfect for holiday gifting or served over cake or ice cream for a make-ahead party dessert. —Becky at Vintage Mixer
Makes: four 5-ounce jars
cup butter (2 sticks)
cups light brown sugar
cup heavy cream
- Place all of the ingredients, except the whiskey, in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until melted and combined.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the caramel to a boil. Once it is boiling, turn the heat down to medium-high and gently boil for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the whiskey, stirring constantly, as the liquor will cause the caramel to bubble back up.
- Pour into individual jars. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!