If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple 5-ingredient caramel sauce made boozy with a splash of whiskey. This caramel is perfect for holiday gifting or served over cake or ice cream for a make-ahead party dessert. —Becky at Vintage Mixer
Makes four 5-ounce jars
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- Place all of the ingredients, except the whiskey, in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until melted and combined.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the caramel to a boil. Once it is boiling, turn the heat down to medium-high and gently boil for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the whiskey, stirring constantly, as the liquor will cause the caramel to bubble back up.
- Pour into individual jars. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!