If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: C is for cookie, and also for chocolate, cinnamon, chill powder and cayenne pepper, all combined in these sweet and spicy Mexican Chocolate Cookies. Stuffed with marshmallow frosting, these chocolaty cookie sandwiches will kick your cookie intake up a few notches! —bitememore
Makes 15 cookie sandwiches
- 16 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2) In a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate and butter until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper (if using) and both semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips, just until flour disappears. Drop the dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Bake 9 minutes, or until the cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool before filling.
- 3) For the marshmallow filling, using an electric mixer, beat the marshmallow fluff and shortening until smooth. Add the icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract, beating for 1 minute until fluffy. Spread filling on the bottom of a cookie and top with another cookie.