If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spanish Onion Soup is a quick and easy, bursting with flavor and perfect for a fall or winter first course. —TammyRenea
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated manchego or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Cook the onions over low heat for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the flour and cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock gradually and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and add the parsley. Serve with grated cheese if using. ¡Que aproveche!