If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A bit of a warning – this cocktail is a boozy one so proceed with caution. We call it Locke & Keynes for a few reasons:
1. Stamford’s early nickname “Lock City” was a result of the Yale Lock Manufacturing Company producing cylinder locks in the South End.
2. My husband is a finance junky and as such, much of our life together revolves around finance and economics and anything related to finance and economics. Zzzz…
A. John Locke – social contract, natural rights, individual liberty, theory of value, supply and demand, etc.
B. John Maynard Keynes – one of the founding fathers of modern macroeconomics, fiscal and monetary policy, etc. etc. —onetinyspark
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ounce Laird’s Applejack
- 1 ounce Willet Copper Pot Still Reserve (or the bourbon of your choice)
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica Formula
- 1 barspoon Fernet Branca
- Chill a cocktail glass in the freezer. Partially fill a shaker with ice. Add in the applejack, bourbon, vermouth, and Fernet.
- Stir well, until the mixture is very cold. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a flamed orange peel. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: