If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my family's traditional Virginia stew recipe. It is hearty and slightly sweet thanks to loads of fresh veggies and a long stewing time. It is perfect for a cold winter's night. —Sweet Tea Sweetie
- 5 chicken breasts
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 4 cups creamed corn
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 8 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray oven safe pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts in pan & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Shred and throw in crockpot.
- Dice zucchini, squash, carrots, and tomatoes and add to crockpot.
- Add creamed corn, black eyed peas, & lima beans to the crockpot.
- Stir well.
- Add in sugar, butter, and a generous sprinkling of basil, onion powder, and pepper.
- Simmer in the crockpot on low for 8 hours overnight or while you are at work.