If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from "Huckleberry: Stories, Secrets, and Recipes from Our Kitchen" by Zoe Nathan. —Sarah Jampel
Makes: 12 muffins
cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
cup plus 2 tablespoons (165 grams) sugar, plus more for sprinkling
teaspoon kosher salt
cups all-purpose flour
cup (25 grams) almond flour
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup (180 milliliters) plain whole yogurt
teaspoons vanilla extract
cups (210 grams) chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and position a rack toward the top. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and salt in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until nice and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Incorporate the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Pause mixing and add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, yogurt, vanilla, and chocolate. Mix cautiously, just until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter all the way to the top, even a little over. Sprinkle the tops with some sugar.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are brown and they spring back when you poke them gently. Zoe says: "Please do not overbake!"
- This recipe is a Community Pick!