If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fluffy orange cake with a crunchy maple walnut glaze that embraces the winter flavors. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 100 grams butter
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- zest of 3 oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355F and grease the bundt tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg until well combined and fluffy, approximately 1 minute, repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Zest and juice the oranges and mix with the yogurt until well combined. Add the juice mixture and the extract into the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and soda into the orange mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling tray.
- To make the glaze, place the maple syrup, brown sugar and water into a saucepan and place on a high heat until bubbling.
- Add the walnuts and stir until well combined.
- Carefully pour the glaze over the cool bundt cake, ensuring the walnuts are congregated on top.
- Serve cooled and with whipped cream if you wish.
More Great Recipes: Cakes