If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I cannot express how delicious these Italian Baked Eggs are. The aromas of this dish baking in a warm oven alone are just tantalizing. Then, add in bold Italian spices and a healthy sprinkle of mozzarella cheese on top will and this will delight your taste buds with every bite. —fitlexyskitchen
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 pound Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Sprinkled)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In an 8" cast iron skillet on the stove over medium high heat, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until fragrant.
- Next, add in the ground turkey, green bell pepper, spices and cook until the turkey has browned.
- Then, pour in the marinara sauce and turn off stove heat. Using a spoon, make three little wells in the meat mixture.
- Gently crack one egg in each well, keeping the yolks whole. Next, take the iron skillet and place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes sprinkle on a bit of cheese and finish baking. The eggs will be ready when the whites are fully set, but yolks are still runny.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2