If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was always lactose intolerant, so my family developed this great eggplant parmesan recipe that tasted great without the cheese… today I make it for my family: half with cheese and half without! —There's A Cook In My Kitchen
- 2 Long Japanese eggplants, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- sea salt
- 25 ounces jar organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or non-dairy cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees convection setting, or 425 degrees regular bake setting.
- Place eggplant slices on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce, thyme, cinnamon and oregano. Let simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread a little meaty sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange half of the eggplant slices over it. Spoon half of the remaining meat sauce over the eggplant. Repeat with remaining eggplant and meat sauce. - See more at: