If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Confession! This is a family recipe from a co-worker, but I've adopted it into my family and we make it every summer when the zucchini are big and ripe in the garden. My co-worker says her family calls it "brake" because it's a cross between bread and cake - a great dense consistency with a sweet bite. I'm calling it a dessert - perhaps an icing is in order?! It's terribly easy to put together. Just plan to bake in the morning or late at night during the summer - this recipe calls for a 350 degree oven for an hour. Find recipe nutrition and more photos at http://www.vegetarianized.... —Vegetarianized.com
cups zucchini, grated
cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
cup light brown sugar
teaspoon real vanilla extract
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate the zucchini into a colander and let drain briefly.
- Then, stir together zucchini, butter, eggs, milk, and brown sugar in a bowl. Add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and mix together until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 8" or 9" cooking spray sprayed pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then gently turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2