If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted Fennel and Tomato Soup topped with a teaspoon of fresh cream and a fist full of sunflower seeds has all the right flavors and texture. Perfect to sip on those cold winter nights. Here is the recipe to make this delicious soup.
- 4 fennel bulbs
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Wash fennel bulbs and tomatoes and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut fennel bulbs into thick slices and tomatoes into halves.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Arrange the fennel slices and tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with a table spoon of olive oil.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and blend in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and bay leaves and fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the pureed fennel and tomato.
- Add dried rosemary, dried basil, salt, black pepper and vegetable stock and cook the soup for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the soup with a soup strainer.
- Transfer the soup in the same pan.
- Add fresh cream and cook till it comes to a boil.
- Serve the soup in soup bowls.
- Sprinkle some sunflower seeds on top.
- Garnish with fresh cream and coriander.
- Serve piping hot.