If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: VERY German...my grampa and his brothers were all sent to the US by their dad to stay with an aunt who lived in the US when the clouds of WW1 were gathering....his sisters stayed in Germany, so I know I have a lot of family there I have never met. William Mutschler was a brewer at the Atlas Prager brewery until he retired. And this is one of my favorite snacks I grew up with. Not exactly for everyone...unless you love vinegar and pickled stuff... —jph
Makes as much as you want, just multiply the quantities
- 4 knockwurst (fat garlic sausages)
- 1 medium Spanish or other sweet onion
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola, or other neutral, oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Skin sausages; thinly slice sausages and onion; salt and pepper generously and toss gently. Thoroughly blend vinegar, oil, and water; pour over sausages and onions. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours (or at least overnight) before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2