If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty and delicious nut loaf is sure to become a tradition in your home. —food-alovestory.com
- 4 cups Brown Basmati, cooked
- 2 cups Walnuts, chopped
- 2-3 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Celery, chopped (feel free to add more and be generous with the celery)
- 2 tablespoons Caraway Seeds
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (or Coconut Oil), just barely melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Salt
- Fresh-cracked Pepper
- Dusting of Red Pepper Flakes, or Cayenne, or my favorite, Aleppo
- Set your oven to 400 degrees. Line a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5) with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment, oil the bottom and sides with ghee, or coconut oil. Put 1 tablespoon cheese to the side. In a large bowl, mix together the rice, walnuts, all the rest of the cheese, celery and caraway seeds. Whisk the eggs together and stir into the rice mixture to completely cover. Add the tamari, ghee/oil, salt, and peppers, this time just lightly mixing to spread the seasonings through. Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan. Use your clean hands, or a spatula, to press down and push it into the corners. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Set the loaf pan in your oven, and cook for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. http://food-alovestory.com/2013/11/26/thanksgiving-loaf/