If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Serious Eats. It's also boozy and awesome and makes you feel warm and Irish! —Marian Bull
- One 12-ounce bottle Guinness or other stout
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 4 ounces Bailey's
- 4 ounces Bushmill's Irish Whiskey
- Cook Guinness over medium-high heat in a saucepan until it’s syrupy and has reduced down to about 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the syrup aside.
- In a separate medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Whisk in the milk and the chocolate, and heat over medium, whisking constantly, until chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Add the Bailey's, the reserved stout syrup, and the whiskey. Stir. When you’re ready to serve, froth the mixture with a hand blender, a milk frother, or a whisk and a strong arm. Serve hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!