If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Serious Eats —Oishii Moments
- 1 pound ground turkey or pork
- 1/2 cup fried shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice or shaoxing wine
- 1 package pickled sour mustard, diced
- In a pan, heat oil to medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat browns.
- Add garlic and fried shallots to the pan and cook until fragrant. Add the five-spice powder, sugar, soy sauces, rice wine, and just enough water to cover the meat. Then, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cover partially. Cook until meat is completely tender and sauce has thickened, 3 to 4 hours. Add pickled sour mustard.
- Serve with steamed rice.
More Great Recipes: