If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditional Scottish Stuffing that over the years has been changed and passed down in my husbands family. My father-in-law makes it every year and now my family makes it as well, its a holiday staple! And so delicious and different then any stuffing you have had! —Darci Bos
Sweet Onion, Coarsely Chopped
Celery Stalks, Coarsely Chopped
tablespoons Dried Sage
pounds Danish Cream Salted Butter(or any salted butter)
ounces Container Old Fashioned Oats
Jar Heinz Turkey Gravy(for moistening)
- Melt butter in large sauce pan
- Add onion, celery and sage to butter.
- Cook until onions are clear.
- Pour into crockpot
- Add oats and stir to moisten.
- Set crockpot to high, cover with lid and cook for 1-2 hours stirring occasionally so bottom doesn’t burn.
- It’s done when all the butter has been soaked up by the oats.
- Stir in jar of gravy and set to low and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2