If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quickbreads are so easy, so good, and so fun to dress up. This banana bread recipe uses more bananas than the average, which makes it super moist and full of banana flavor. The additions of nutella and cocoa nibs could be left out for a more traditional bread (still with a serious banana boost)! —Erin McDowell
Makes one 9- by 5-inch loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugar to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the vanilla, bananas, and yogurt.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the cocoa nibs. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan, and top with 1/2 of the Nutella, distributing it in small blobs around the pan. Pour the remaining 1/2 of the batter on top and finish with the last of the Nutella, again distributing in small blobs. Use a wooden skewer, chopstick, or a knife to swirl the nutella into the batter.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown, pulls slightly away from the edges of the pan, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 1 1/2-2 hours. [If the loaf browns too quickly, tent it with foil. Remember that if the toothpick inserted hits a patch of Nutella, it can still look raw, as the Nutella will stay "melty" looking throughout baking.]
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!