If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Honey adds mild sweetness to these glazed carrots, and star anise lends just enough licorice flavor to make things interesting. A beautiful and flavorful rustic dish that everyone will love! —Bonnie Meyer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in two
- 4 star anise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 - 1 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and toss to coat in oil. Add the thyme, cinnamon, star anise, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently, until the carrots are browned and almost done (slightly tender).
- Drizzle the honey over the carrots and continue to cook until the honey begins to caramelize, about 2 minutes. Add the water, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, and increase the heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the water has evaporated the carrots are cooked through.
- Add the butter and toss the carrots to coat. Remove from heat and serve immediately.