If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect, easy, and relatively quick recipe for a cold winter day. It goes great by itself, with rice, or small egg noodles! —Kristina's Cooking
Serves around 10 people
- 1 tablespoon Grass Fed Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt (I prefer Himalayan)
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3-4 Celery Stalks, choppped
- 4 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Potatoes, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Grass Fed Ground Chuck Beef
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 14.5 oz Canned Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning (saltless)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Add the butter to a large stock pot under medium high heat.
- Add the salt and onions and sweat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, and bell peppers and cook for another 5 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Add more butter if needed then add the potatoes and garlic to the pot, and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the beef to the pot and break apart with a wooden spoon (make sure it is all broken apart or else you will have raw beef chunks in your soup).
- Mix in the beef broth, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, poultry seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes or so to make sure the ingredients don't stick to the pot.
- Adjust the seasonings to your liking and serve!