If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best salmon I've ever tried.Topped with sun dried tomatoes and wrapped in a quick home made puff pastry. —Bea
- 250 grams puff pastry
- 250 grams butter,cold
- 100 milliliters water,cold
- 8 pieces of salmon(abound 800grams)
- 16 sun dried tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- sesame seeds and almon flakes to sprinkle on top
- Put the flour in a bowl. Add the butter and salt and work them together with the fingertips.
- When the dough starts to look grainy, gradually add the iced water and mix until it is all incorporated, but don’t overwork the dough. Roll it into a ball,flatten, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30minutes.3.Flour the work surface and roll out the pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle. Fold it into three and give it a quarter-turn. Roll the block of pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle as before, and fold it into three again. These are the first 2 turns. Wrap the block in cling film and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Flour the work surface and roll out the pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle. Fold it into three and give it a quarter-turn. Roll the block of pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle as before, and fold it into three again. These are the first 2 turns. Wrap the block in cling film and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Give the chilled pastry another 2 turns, rolling and folding as before. This makes a total of 4 turns, and the pastry is now ready. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Before taking the pastry out a fridge, preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Take the pastry out the fridge,cut it into 4 squares.Roll out the first part to around 15 x 40 cm and cut in half.You should get 2 rectangles of 15 x 20 cm each.Place salmon in the middle of each one(along the shorter length) and cut the slits on both sides of puff pastry around 1/4 inch (6 mm) apart at a slight angle(have a look at a picture above) and start folding them from the top,alternating sides.Brush with egg mixture and arrange on a baking try,lined with a baking paper.Do the same with the remaining parts of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and almond flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.