Author Notes: The best salmon I've ever tried.Topped with sun dried tomatoes and wrapped in a quick home made puff pastry. —Bea
grams puff pastry
pieces of salmon(abound 800grams)
sun dried tomatoes
sesame seeds and almon flakes to sprinkle on top
In This Recipe
- Put the flour in a bowl. Add the butter and salt and work them together with the fingertips.
- When the dough starts to look grainy, gradually add the iced water and mix until it is all incorporated, but don’t overwork the dough. Roll it into a ball,flatten, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30minutes.3.Flour the work surface and roll out the pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle. Fold it into three and give it a quarter-turn. Roll the block of pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle as before, and fold it into three again. These are the first 2 turns. Wrap the block in cling film and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Flour the work surface and roll out the pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle. Fold it into three and give it a quarter-turn. Roll the block of pastry into a 40 x 20cm rectangle as before, and fold it into three again. These are the first 2 turns. Wrap the block in cling film and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Give the chilled pastry another 2 turns, rolling and folding as before. This makes a total of 4 turns, and the pastry is now ready. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Before taking the pastry out a fridge, preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Take the pastry out the fridge,cut it into 4 squares.Roll out the first part to around 15 x 40 cm and cut in half.You should get 2 rectangles of 15 x 20 cm each.Place salmon in the middle of each one(along the shorter length) and cut the slits on both sides of puff pastry around 1/4 inch (6 mm) apart at a slight angle(have a look at a picture above) and start folding them from the top,alternating sides.Brush with egg mixture and arrange on a baking try,lined with a baking paper.Do the same with the remaining parts of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and almond flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.