If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gorgeous middle-eastern inspired carrot salad is an impressive way to use up that half-bag of carrots languishing in the vegetable drawer. —Emily Nichols | www.hungryinlove.com
tablespoons good quality olive oil
tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
cloves garlic, peeled and ground to a paste
teaspoon nigella seeds
tablespoons chopped parsley
cup feta, crumbled
- Peel carrots and cut into desired shape (thin sticks, coins, or other).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil (use enough water to submerge carrots by 1 inch).
- Cook carrots in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork but not yet mushy (cooking time will depend on size of your cuts).
- Drain carrots, let cool.
- Grind garlic in mortar + pestle until you have a thick paste (adding a pinch of salt helps this along).
- Place carrots in serving dish, dress with lemon juice, a few glugs of olive oil, garlic and nigella seeds.
- Give it all a stir, top with chopped parsley and feta.
- Serve at room temperature.