Author Notes: This gorgeous middle-eastern inspired carrot salad is an impressive way to use up that half-bag of carrots languishing in the vegetable drawer. —Emily Nichols | www.hungryinlove.com
tablespoons good quality olive oil
tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
cloves garlic, peeled and ground to a paste
teaspoon nigella seeds
tablespoons chopped parsley
cup feta, crumbled
- Peel carrots and cut into desired shape (thin sticks, coins, or other).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil (use enough water to submerge carrots by 1 inch).
- Cook carrots in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork but not yet mushy (cooking time will depend on size of your cuts).
- Drain carrots, let cool.
- Grind garlic in mortar + pestle until you have a thick paste (adding a pinch of salt helps this along).
- Place carrots in serving dish, dress with lemon juice, a few glugs of olive oil, garlic and nigella seeds.
- Give it all a stir, top with chopped parsley and feta.
- Serve at room temperature.